A couple of months ago, Jayci learned how to climb out of her porta-crib. She would pull herself up and over the edge and land with a thud onto the floor. So I took the crib out and made a bed of blankets on the floor which worked until she decided to start climbing the ladder to the bunk bed. Not only will she climb to the top but then she stands up and looks over the edge. Yes DANGEROUS! I know. So then I get this great idea from a friend to clamp a blanket over the top of the porta-crib. I tried this and it only worked for one day. Then she figured out how to pull really hard and get the blanket loose. So I was at a loss again... I thought I would put her back on the floor and remove the ladder from the bunk bed but this caused a huge problem for Ethan getting on and off and added more drama to the situation at hand. Okay so I had to come up with something on my own... with little space and not wanting to put too much money into it. I came up with this.....

A turtle tent! This has been the best idea ever. She actually likes it in there. She can't escape or hurt herself. I can open the window in the back or on the top for more air flow or keep them closed to keep out the light. So to any of you with this same problem... I say go for the kid tent!
Jul 24, 2008
Sleeping arrangement trouble!
Posted by Natalie at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm leaving myself a comment... This is also so easy to take down and takes up less space when we travel. I even take it with me when I spend the day at my Mom's so she can have her nap in it.
Oh my!! You are creative!! I NEVER would've thought about doing something like that. LOL Sooo glad you found a solution. :o)
Good idea! :) So smart and fun! Cannot wait to see you!
that is so funny! love the idea!
This is the best idea ever and way better than a toddler bed because they can always escape that too. I might switch Tate to a tent soon because he is about to outgrow the port a crib.
So cute, I love it. I'm glad that works. We're about to get a bunkbed and it scares me to death.
You're a genius!
That is a really good idea. That is so funny about the whole Pocahontas thing. Looks like you guys have had a fun and busy summer.
Post a Comment