Last night I was in the middle of making a yummy Alfredo dinner and I realized that I was out of a necessary ingredient...MILK! UGH. I did not want to have to load up the four kids and drive to the store just for some milk so I called Joey. The moment I heard his voice I knew his day must have been a hard one. He said he would stop at the store for me but didn't know what time he would be home. I decided to just WOMAN up and get the kids and go myself.
So I did and it was just fine. Ethan even insisted on carrying one gallon of milk for me. We got the milk and headed to the check out. On the way I noticed a women with three small children all bundled up. She had one in an umbrella stoller and two walking beside her. The oldest could not have been any older than four. I thought to myself... I remember those days.
We got out of the store quickly and without incident. As I was pulling out into the street, I noticed the women with the three small children was waiting at the bus stop. It hit me at that moment just how blessed I am. I was out of milk and all I had to do was get the kids out the door, hop in the van, and DRIVE to the store. How simple compared to this women who had to bundle her kids up, walk to the bus stop, load the kids and stroller on the bus, get what she needs at the store and carry it all back to the bus stop, all with two kids in tow.
I am thankful for the simple reminders to count MY many blessings.
Feb 13, 2009
Posted by Natalie at 12:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
:) I love you Natalie! This makes me thankful for my car too, I've been grumpy about having it and not something better! What a brat! I would rather have it than nothing at all!
You are so great. I enjoy your blog a LOT.
Post a Comment