Jul 7, 2009

Washington Beachs are COOL!

The BEACH here is not the beach as we Californians know it! The Beach I know has sand and waves and is scattered with beach blankets and umbrellas. The "beach" by us is actually the puget sound and is very rocky with patches of sand, ripples insead of waves, and is scattered with drift wood. The coolest part is that the drift wood has been made into these awesome forts that the kids can play in. I found out the hard way that flip flops are not the way to go...you need some serious sandals to walk on those rocks. The kids had such a great time playing pirates. Ethan had a map and they all worked together to find some treasure. There is a playground right next to the beach and a picnic area. It is a great spot and I am sure we will be there a lot this summer!




2 comments:

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

Looks like the Twilight beach! lol Hope you guys are doing well!

Rojahn Family said...

This looks like the beach by sister-in-law lives by. If you ever meet Jim and Ellen Conner that's my family! I love this beach. We went to Malibu last week...too rocky and pretty dirty. Your looks clean and really fun!