Sep 3, 2009

Camp-Out!

A few weekends back we went on a campout with our church. It was so fun and the weather was perfect. I thought I would freeze but really it was not too cold. The campground is huge and is right next to a river. The current was just right and the kids were able to play at the rivers edge the next day. The water was too cold for me but their were quite a few kids swimming in it. Some friends of ours had a little raft and took the kids for a ride. They loved this. I think we need one for next year!

Joey and I enjoying the fire while our kids run wild! That was truly the best part... being able to sit and enjoy adult conversation without really worrying about the saftey of the kids and knowing they are having a blast.

Our friends Bo and Melanie... saved us a great spot and kept the fire going! Thanks!



Our kids spent most of their time with the Green kids and the Vance kids. They played flashlight tag, hide-n-go-seek, and ate tons of yummy treats.




After breakfast, Joey took over the bucket swing... He pushed the kids so high and so fast. They loved it! All these little kids were lining up to get a turn.
It was a very succesful camp-out and I am so glad we were able to go this time.

1 comments:

melanie said...

SO MUCH FUN! I thought it was a blast too. I couldn't believe how late your kids stayed up...and then were functional the next day! That was awesome. You need to add the part about Emma learning about WWII while have dessert around the fire. That was a highlight for me. See you there next year for sures!