

Ethan has a true understanding of what MONEY can buy. He wants to sell all of his toys in order to buy more pirate lego sets. He has zero attachment to anything other than legos and will sell to anyone willing to listen... this includes his little sisters.
He really wants to have a garage sale but not only do I strongly dislike doing garage sales I have nothing to sell. So a few weeks ago he and his sisters (on their day off of school) decided to lay out any toys they wished to sell in the front yard and anxiously awaited customers. I tried to explain that they needed to advertise so their solution was to go door to door.... ummmmm NO! My solution was to put out a sign.
After about 30 minutes Ethan was feeling pretty discouraged. (I was actually busy cleaning out the van and was happy the kids were occupied where I could watch them) I was feeling badly because I have known he has wanted to have a garage sale and I did not help him prepare for it. So I went inside and found a dollar and became his first customer. I purchased a great pumpkin beanie bag thing and am currently using it as a decoration. This started the girls buying things from Ethan and I think over-all he made three dollars and some change. Not a huge success but at least the garage sale idea is over for now.
Oct 5, 2009
For Sale
Posted by Natalie at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's awesome. A little business man. Eye set on a goal and going for it. Next time he'll have to give more warning, do some advertising, tell some school friends and mark things up so there's room for negotiation.
That was real nice of you to be his first customer. We will come buy things too. In fact, I still owe your kids each a dollar.
Sounds like my kids and their lemonade stands ... they have such high hopes, but maybe got one neighbor who felt sorry for them. Hey,now we don't live in a neighborhood. Won't have to worry about that anymore :)
Post a Comment