Oct 20, 2009

Sunday Drive





On Sunday Joey wanted to take a drive out to Sultan to sea the salmon in the rivers. We found a great place to stop and went walked down the trail to the river. The leaves are orange, red, and yellow, the river is flowing swiftly and the sky is blue... beautiful scenery, sound of rushing water and then we get close to the rivers edge and an overwhelming smell of fish is in the air. DEAD FISH! Yes! Tons of dead fish dot the bank of the river. Lovely!
We end up chatting with some fishermen who end up offering us one of their catch but I had to refuse since Joey is a non-fish eater and I have no idea how to gut it and clean it nor do I really want to. The kids enjoy finding rocks and watching the fish swim close to the shore. We have a small educational lesson on spawning and why the fish are here. It was a great day... smell and all! Okay not the smell!

1 comments:

melanie said...

Sounds like so much fun. Don't you love how much there is to do and see around here? I swear we're like 30 minutes from everything. Okay maybe an hour, but that's all. It's so awesome.