I am having a couple friends over tonight for a sewing night since my husband went igloo camping (more on that later). I was just going to make some blankets and birp cloths but instead decided to do a big project. I am going to recover my infant car seat. Might not be a big project for some of you but for me this is huge. I have been so excited to sew more since I finally bought a table and now have my sewing machine out 24/7.
Joann's is having serious deals right now and I had a coupon to get an extra 10% off my entire purchase. So me being ever so frugal decided it was time to splurge just a little. See this rotary thingy???
Well I have learned that it is a great tool to have and since I am horrible with scissors I decided I needed to have one. This particular one is normally $39.99 but is on sale. 40% off plus my 10% means 50% off... (yes I did the math)!
I also got the end of the bolt on my already 40& off fleece and was excited to learn that they add an extra discount since it measured below what I was asking for. SWEET! So I got 1.5 yards material, a little over a yard of fleece, thread, bias tape, elastic, four dollar items for the kids, and the rotary kit all for $8.00 more than the original cost of the rotary kit. Is there anyone out there that loves a sweet deal as much as me????? I am beaming!
Feb 12, 2010
I love a sweet deal!
Posted by Natalie at 1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
NICE!!! That is AWESOME! Love me some good Joann's coupons! ;) So do you want me to make you that car seat blanket??? He would definitely get some use out of it there!
I love the JoAnn's always has good sales! You'll love the rotary cutter, it's a life save when trying to cut a straight line :)
wow! that is an amazing deal! i can't wait to be back in the states and be able to do some serious crafting again! i hope you post pics of your final project! can't wait to see it!
How long is the sale going on for? What should I do with the skull fabric I bought??? Blanket??? Make burp cloths 2 years in advance???
Post a Comment