Sadly we had a small leak behind our fridge. We caught it in time to save our entire downstairs but not in time to save the kitchen floor. After talking with multiple advisers (friends, the builder, insurance company) we weighed our options and decided to rip out the floor and replace it ourselves. We watched a Home Depot video and felt like pros afterwards... we can do it! they can help! RIGHT!
So out comes the floor, one board at a time.
When I asked Joey what I could do to help, he asked me to get him some lemonade. Big Job... But I was up for the task.
Thanks Lily for loaning me your apron and goggles.
I did end up putting those goggles to good use. I cut many pieces of wood and got pretty good at it if I do say so myself. Joey even trusted me with the BIG GUN after awhile! HA!
Joey really go in there and worked hard to get the job done. He is a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff. He enjoyed the experience but I think we are both done installing hard wood floors for awhile.
We had a Pioneer celebration to go to after we finished the floor so we quickly got dressed for the occasion...
Bet the Pioneers wish they had one of these bad boys back in the day.
My mom was so great and made all of us girls a bonnet and apron. The girls and I loved it and will be wearing them for years to come. My camera died on me so I did not get a good shot of the whole family. I made vests for Ethan and Nolan out of an old pair of Joey's jeans. Our stake goes all out for the occasion and it was so much fun. The kids had to work for wooden pennies in order to buy dinner and treats or to play the fun games.
Emma loved washing clothes like a real pioneer and Lily liked carrying buckets of water for cooking, cleaning, bathing, and washing. Ethan like walking over the long log because he got the most coins for that and it didn't seem like much work to him. We all enjoyed a good BBQ and cookies after the kids earned us enough money to eat. It as a great experience and I am looking forward to next year.
Jul 29, 2010
Hard Wood Floors and Pioneers!
Posted by Natalie at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great job on the floor (and the lemonade). Cute costumes!
Oh man! Sorry you guys had to deal with that! But way to stay positive and have fun with it! I love the pics! AND you are all SO CUTE in your pioneer gear!
That is THE BEST pioneer costume I've seen for a long time...I think it's the power drill that completes it.
Post a Comment