Jul 22, 2010

Nolan hits the four month mark!


Nolan has been such a dream baby. He is so happy even when he first wakes up. He loves all the attention from his older siblings. He is very well loved in this family. Nolan has been rolling over for a couple of weeks now. He is also sleeping through the night, something none of my other kids did until a year old. Nolan loves the bath and showers. He is great in the stroller and enjoys being out doors. He has started this thing where when I am holding him he trys to climb up me with his little legs. It is pretty funny but makes holding him a lot harder. He is starting to be more aware of who is holding him. He loves to be carried and held by Ethan who is constantly taking him from me. We all love to make Nolan laugh. He has the best belly laugh and high pitch giggle. He is very ticklish on his neck and we all know his weakness. Ethan gave him a stuffed dinosaur and that is Nolan's new best friend.

Nolan has started sucking his thumb. With Jayci I was fine with it because it would stop her from crying and she just absolutely refused to take the pacifier or ever a bottle. She still sucks her thumb but mostly when she is tired not usually when we are out and about. So the debate in my head starts about this thumb sucking business. He is such a happy baby and rarely fusses so I would prefer he take the pacifier which is easier to take away but this is what happens now when I try and give it to him.





And really when he looks like this...

How can I take away that absolute comfort? He looks so completely content.

Nolan also tried rice cereal for the first time. It went exactly how I expected... just like every other kid who is first introduced to this mushy, bland mixture of nastiness.

Happy, unsuspecting baby.

Look at that half closed eye.

Sick Mom! Are you for real!


Awe! Now that is the stuff I like.

Actually as I kept trying he did okay. I think he will like food once he gets past the taste ;). He did a great job on swallowing it though so he is on the right track.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

he is so sweet natalie!! looks like you have been having a great summer!!!