Aug 10, 2010

Todd and Jen come to town!

Jen and I met in the singles ward back in the day. We became instant friends and have been the best of friends ever since. Todd and Joey are added bonuses to this friendship! The great thing is we all get along fantastically and enjoy hanging out together. They live in Texas and have never been to Seattle before so we joked that since they took us to the Alamo, even though they have been there so many times with other guests, we would take them to Seattle for our millionth time. The went up the Space Needle while we took our kids on the rides. We all rode the monorail to West Lake Center and then walked to Pike Place and had lunch at the Alaskan Sourdough Company. It was rainy all day but I don't think they cared. They were just glad that it was not 95 degrees like Texas is right now.
I also took them to Harbor View Park since it is so beautiful there, even on a grey day. It overlooks the Puget sound and has a trail down to the water. We went crab hunting but couldn't find any. We had a great time picking blackberries and enjoying the breeze. Todd made us all laugh with his silly jokes and tail he found. Ethan and Nolan enjoyed a sweet moment. Ethan sure loves to hold him and snuggle him.
We picked more blackberries close to home and made a blackberry peach cobbler. It was delicious. We also got in a game of settlers which is a must when we are together. Good game guys!!! Maybe I'll let you win next time ;)
The kids were really sad the morning they left. I tookd them to the airport early and when the kids got up and realized they were really gone they were pretty bummed. So Todd and Jen... forget the 8 acres and come to Washington!!! We miss you already.















1 comments:

melanie said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Yum, I'll have to try the Sourdough company next time I'm down there. Thanks for the idea!