Feb 1, 2011

New Years Resolution #2

Start a new work out schedule and start running (even though I don't really like to)

How is it going... I started last week and it was O.K. Then yesterday morning I get my music going and start my workout. After about 15 minutes my mind is somewhere else and the next thing I know my foot is stuck between my treadmill and a pole in the garage. Of course I did not remember to attach the pull cord to my clothes which would have shut off the machine. Instead I get major road rash on the front of my ankle and my knee. NICE!

I am not giving up. I still ran to the school and played basketball with Ethan yesterday (post injury) and today I will cross train. I think I can get back on the treadmill in a couple days and YES I will be wearing the safety cord from now on. Joey teased me for not wearing it saying I was reverting back to my "I don't need a seat belt" days. Guess I just insist on learning the hard way.

Okay so if any of you have any feed back on this running thing, I would love to hear it. I was a fan of running in the junior high but then I started to really not like it. I ran the mile in 7m15s and thought I was going to hurl. After that I thought running was overrated.

I have heard once you start it gets addicting. I sure hope so.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i hate to run! i only run when being chased.

Mikkyn said...

Here's what I think...running is overrated unless it has a purpose like running to a hoop or running to kick a ball etc. I've been working out at 24fitness abt. 3-4 times a week since Octoberish and it is sooooooo addicting and the body results are even more addicting-especially for Shan. :) j/k I like weightlifting classes, step, and cardio all mixed. Shan is going to Seattle the week of Valentines. He's going to call Joey so maybe ya'll can hook up sometime. Love and miss you guys!