Oct 13, 2011

Camping at Ensign Ranch

This past weekend we loaded up the kids, bikes, and camping gear and drove three hours to Cle Elum Washington for a weekend of camping fun. I absolutely love this camp ground. There are so many things to do. We have been planning this trip since we left Lake Stevens. It is a half way point for us and our friends there. It was so great spending time with the Bates, Mitchells, and Walkers again. Kimeree missed me so much she made me a shirt (see the bright pink one in the rock climbing picture) It has a picture of her face and says... Hi! My name is Kimeree Bates and my phone number is... and then it has her REAL number. She is so crazy! She did not think I would wear it but I did... ALL DAY! My Dad also came up for the day on Saturday. It was so fun to have Grandpa there. Oh and Ethan invited a friend so that he was not the only boy. (all of our friends have girls) When we pulled into the main office we got a few stares because our SUV was loaded with sevens bikes. 5 on the back and 2 on top. Some lady even said, "nice rack!" to which Joey replied... "That's why I married her!" Nice. I am pretty sure she didn't hear him.
But I has a good laugh.

Highlights:
Bike rides (especially useful for trips to the flushies and trash truck)
Climbing the rock wall (BTW I was the fastest to the top! What did I win? Bragging rights!)
Canoeing around the Lake (and under the bridge and into each other)
Dutch Oven cooking (A BIG thank you to Joey... you da man)
Campfires all day and late into the night
S'mores of course
Loosing Jake (but not for long)
Kids putting on a play on the stage (they practiced all day for there one minute play)
Smiles, laughs, hugs, and candy.
I was so busy having fun that I did not take very many pictures (I know shame shame) but I will add a few...











Funny Story:
Kimeree is a very special kind of girl. No one else like her anywhere I am sure of that. She and Phil decide to take their two kids out on the canoe. Phil gets in and then Kim helps the kids in. Then she starts to get in. Phil tells her to sit facing the dock which would mean she needs to turn her back to Jacob (almost two year old). The seat is made to form fit your bottom. Well Kim wants her eyes on her baby and so contrary to what her husband is trying ot tell her she sits in the seat facing the inside of the boat (away from the dock). The look on her husbands face is priceless. So they are trying to row out and Kimeree is getting confused because one of them has to row backward and the other forward. Phil puts his paddle on his lap. The rest of us were laughing hysterically on the dock. Thanks Kimereee again for another good laugh!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Love to hear about your family adventures...you guys really know how to have fun family times. Miss you!

Lauri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

We sure miss you guys! Sounds like you had SOOO much fun!