Jun 25, 2012

Ethan Turned 10 on May 6th, 2012

Yes this is the best and most recent picture to his birthday that I could find. This year Ethan was all for low key. He wanted some money to buy a few things he has been wanting (mainly Legos) and we went on a shopping spree for new summer clothes. We also went to Red Robin (an hour away) for dinner, his choice.
I am so grateful for this kid. He is such a great Big brother (not always of course) but really he is pretty easy going and sets a great example for his younger siblings. Ethan has never been a problem in school and his friends and teachers respect him.
The two weeks leading up to his birthday we were battling with sick kids. Ethan did not even want a cake or his birthday sundae from Red Robin becasue he was still getting over what he had. (I think this is why I did not get any pictures...that was a long two weeks). We did get him some cheese cake a few weeks later. I just love how he is okay if things aren't totally "perfect". He can handle it if we have to celebrate his birthday a little early or a little late. With all these girls in the house he is the calming force admist all the drama.
Ethan is now a Weebalo in Cub Scouts and even though he lacks self motivation he likes it once he gets going. A few things I want to remember about Ethan... he loves kickball, he wears glasses, for the first time he has shown interest in playing baseball, he will sing in church now and likes music at school... I even caught him rocking out in the car recently ;),  he likes to swim, he loves ALL candy, he likes when I let him stay home alone for a little bit while I run to pick someone up, he likes his new responsibility of taking out the trash and remembers it without me nagging.
I am so grateful that Ethan  is in our family. Happy birthday!

0 comments: