Oct 3, 2012

Hawaii!

In  honor of our being together for 11 years Joey and I decided to go all out and spend a week in Hawaii. The kids spent a week at G and G Bunn's (see last post). We took over 500 pictures so this will be along post... just warning you. Haha actually I think a few highlights and we will call it good. I will not forget in a million years how great this trip was and I will be ever grateful for the chance we had to go and spend some time ALONE. This is our first time really leaving the kids for more than a night so I was a little nervous about it. Everything turned out just fine and we all are back and safe so I am already planning our next get-away... is that bad?!?



This is the view from our room on the 11th floor. We stayed at the Marriot Resort in Ko'olina on the island of O'ahu.




We visited the USS Missouri and the USS Arizona.

Enjoyed delicious Dole Whip at the dole plantation.

Climbed trees like the natives (or kind of like them)

We went snorkeling at Sharks's Cove just before a down pour.

Visited with the super huge Sea Turtles.

LDS Temple


 After the Temple we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center.
This guy was hilarious and stomped out a burning coconut husk wiht his bare foot.

Total show off climbed to the top of this huge tree in less than five seconds!

Gangsta's throwing signs.

a'Roha... spelling is correct in this case... so dang funny.

Go catch me my dinner man

Do warriors where dresses?  Why Yes, Yes they do.

We rocked the ukelele.

I want to be a Tahitian Princess when I grow up.

Sweet girl from Tanga helped us make this.

Did I get up on stage and dance with the Tahitians?

Of course I did!

Poor pig... you were delicious.

The Luau was so good and well worth it.


We went to the "Ha. Breath of Life" show atfer we ate. It was so amazing. What a fun day this was.

Hanauma Bay


We went snorkeling down there.


Before out hike to Manoa Falls

We got there in record breaking time... Quite the work out.
(not really sure if we broke a record)

I love the lushness of this side of the island.



Gordo.  The tree.

The waves are not very big at this time of year. Actually they are pretty non-existent, but one morning we drove up the coast and found a local surfers spot.

I want to go back in the winter when the waves are huge.

I loved our drives. We rented a bright orange jeep and it took us back to when we were dating.

The sunsets were so beautiful.



Our last day we spent swimming in the pool, enjoying the spas, and sunbathing at the beach. It was such a nice and relaxing day after a week of traveling around the island. Joey and I both enjoy being on the go but we decided that on our next vacation we will enjoy just relazing a  little bit more.  It was sad to say good-bye to Hawaii but we were anxious to see our kids again and get back to reality... okay not so excited to get back to reality.


3 comments:

Lauri said...

Sounds like the perfect get away. What's not to love about Hawaii??!!

jeanine said...

So much fun!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys got to do that!!!