Nov 17, 2012

The Month of October was Super Busy!

Soccer ended and each child was a little sad. The first day without games or practices was a little nice and the kids even got in a little T.V. time which they had not had after school all season.

Jayci went on her first Kindergarten Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch. Nolan got to tag along and they both had a great time.

Super Huge Slide was a hit!

Mrs. Reiters Class



Nolan sure misses having Jayci at home during the day. Jayci can now read and it is so fun to see her share this with her little brother who adores her.
  Emma's fourth grade class took a field trip tothe Whitman Mission. They have been learning about the early settlers of teh area and this is rich history.

Such a Beautiful Spot... no wonder they wanted to settle this valley.

Emma's Best Friends Catherine and Ashley


Mrs. Watson's Fourth Graders
Prospect Point Elementary has one fund raiser a year. It is called a FunD Run. The kids ask for sponsers (basically a flat donation) and then all the kids run around the school together about three times on our FunD Run day. I love it because 100 percent of the money goes straight to the PTA and we do not have to deal with cookie dough and wrapping paper orders. We make enough to cover all expenses for the year and then some.  (I am the VP this year and enjoy working with this group of parents) All the kids get to participate regardless of wether or not they collected donations.





After the crazy busy first couple of weeks of October our family was ready for our Camping trip to Ensign Ranch with our friends.

Crazy bunch of kids!

The horse back riding was a highlight even though we were all freezing and the poor Dads were getting soaking wet.

Nolan absolutely loved riding the horse and wanted to go again and again.

Lily enjoyed riding too!

Poor Jayci was so cold I wasn't sure she would be able to hang on. She crying up until she got on the horse and then she was all smiles. I guess that horse warmed her right up!

Ethan I think is ready for a trail ride!

My parents came out to visit us since they only live about an hour away. We were so glad they braved the
cold to come and spend the day with us.



Nolan singing... "I'm a grumpy old troll... You can't go over MY bridge!"

All the kids exceot Nolan went for a canoe ride.

The three oldest went by themselves and I must say I was so proud of tehm for being able to get that
 canoe around the lake and back...twice.

It did rain a bit and SNOWED on us but we survived and still had a GREAT time.

The kids always put a play on for us when we go and this time was no exception. It was really a good performance with solos from Emma and Nolan who sang Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Look out Hollywood!

Our good friends from W2. The Ashton Family


Our Good friends from LS. The Bates Family
Last year we had two other couple who were not able to make it this year. I hope we keep this tradition up and just add more and more families. It was so nice to spend a weekend in the
Great Outdoors!

0 comments: