I have a hard time talking about me on this blog. I read other blogs and they tend to add how they feel or what they are thinking about. I stick to what is going on with the kids and the cute things they are doing. Which makes sense since that is far more interesting and they ARE a huge part of me.
So I am going out on a limb here. I am going to blog about me.
So first of all I love my job! I have never loved doing anything more and can't imagine loving a job more than this one. The best part are the funny moments where it is hard for me to compose myself... like when Lily asks if Jesus ever has to go pee. Or when Ethan puts on a leotard and uses the back of the couch as a balance beam. Also the times the kids are so sweet and give me hugs when I need them.
Once when I was living in Arizona, I was so frustrated and upset that I locked myself in my walk-in pantry and cried and cried. My three year old son came to the door and said, "Mom? Mom it is okay. You will be alright" I needed that comfort then and it still helps me now.
I just reread this blog and so far I am still talking about the kids. I just think that right now there isn't much more to my life than my children and my husband. And right now my husband is gone so much we don't catch him doing anything to blog about.
I read another blog that talked about becoming self-absorbed (even though this person really is not) it made me think I have the opposite problem. My Bishop asked me the other day... What are your passions? And I thought what are "passions"?
I really can't think of anything that I am really passionate about anymore. I find little time for the things I used to like to do and persuing new things overwhelmes me. I feel like I have lost any passion I have ever had for anything other than motherhood. But that is not all bad I guess because I have been passionate about being a mother for as long as I can remember. I used to play house everyday, pretending to be pregnant with a pillow stuffed up my shirt. I was babysitting at age 11 and became a nanny at age 18. I love little children. Having my own is more difficult than babysitting but also much more rewarding.
So even though right now my "passion" is kids, kids, kids, I wouldn't change a thing.
Oct 4, 2008
Kids, Kids, Kids
Posted by Natalie at 7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
:) I feel you! Can't wait till my blog is all about my kids! :) I love it! You are a great mom and such a great example to me! Love you!
amen sister. I totally know how you feel. I love that you cried in the pantry...everyone needs to do that every once in a while!!!
It's amazing how a good cry can make you feel so much better. And kids always know the right thing to say. It's good that your kids are your passion so they don't become second to another passion. One day we will have time to persue other passions, but now is the time to enjoy these. Plus one more thing on my plate and I might lose it :)
Post a Comment