Here is an update on the kids...
Ethan is doing very well in reading and spelling. He has received a ten out of ten on 5 of 6 spelling tests. He loves math and catches on quick. He is learning about plants in science and has grown some Lima beans (which I am sure he won't eat). He misses all the fun crafts in Kindergarten so we have been doing more painting projects at home. He has made a couple of good friends in his class but misses his old buddies Cole and Jake. In church he is the only boy in his class. It doesn't seem to bother him much because the girls are pretty nice to him. Ethan is really into transformers, legos, and dinosaurs. In fact every week he gets to pick a new book from the school library. He always picks a dinosaur book. He likes to spend his time building "legobots" (lego transformers).
Emma absolutely loves Kindergarten. She is the youngest in her class but is very bright and fits right in. She has made many friends and has such a good group of kids in her class. She loves recess and P.E. She is reading so well and can often be found in our new book corner at home. Emma just received her first report card and we are so proud of how much she knows. She is a great student. Emma enjoys playing with her puppies in the new dollhouse. She asks me everyday when we can get a puppy. I know I will break... hopefully I can hold out till we buy a home. I can't believe how much she loves dogs. Emma is so sweet. At church she is friendly and loving and I get comments about her often... telling me how much her hugs and hellos warm peoples hearts. She has a special gift.
Lily is back in preschool with three of her friends. She loves it. She has recently become so interested in learning her letters and numbers. She has picked up the names and sounds so quickly and I feel is now doing such a great job. She loves to write and wants to read. We have been working on how letters form words and she is so excited when she can put a word together. Lily is very much the same spunky girl she has always been but she has really calmed down. She is a great helper to me in the kitchen and is such a good listener. She loves the library and doing anything outdoors. She likes to play school at home with me and like her older siblings, recess is her favorite part of the day. She loves to play pretend and dress up. I am usually her mannequin. She will spend so much time making me look just right. It is fun!
Jayci is addicted to TV. Every morning she wakes up and says, "A poo panda" interpretation: I want to watch Kung Fu Panda. She gets very mad when I say "NO".
She also loves her blanket. Never leaves home without it. Her blanket used to be the playroom curtains. I am glad I have two because I need the back up one frequently. She loves to pick out her own clothes. She has recently become very attached to Emma. She wants to sit by her, sleep with her, read with her... I moved her car seat to the back row newt to Emma and she loves it. I like it too. Emma is such a little mother to Jayci. It is so cute to watch those two together.
Feb 26, 2009
For the Grandparents
Posted by Natalie at 1:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know the post said for the grandparents but it was fun catching up with your family. I can't believe how big they are all getting. And I can't help but think Jaci and I would have been close friends (ask my mother). Miss you all and so does the RSD Ward. Michelle is still trying to find a secretary to fill your shoes, you are a hard act to follow.....
So neat that they are all so into learning! It must be nice not having to drag it out of them!
Post a Comment