Mar 6, 2009

Used to be... I thought I was cool and I cared about the car I drove. I wanted a beefed up tough girl car that all the guys would admire. So this is what I bought...



A 1979 Toyota Landcruiser... with a semi-new Chevy V8 engine, winch on the front, awesome stereo with suround speakers, all terrain beefy tires, hard top.
Yeah I thought I was pretty hot crusin' in this thing with the top and doors off, workin' on my tan. Oh how that was so important to me. Ha

Now I can be seen driving a mini-van loaded with kids and strollers. Not even a sun roof... It is a dirty shame how we let the important things go when we begin to settle down and start a family.

So good-bye to the Landcruiser days.... for now!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh you were HOT in the cruiser, but I think you're even hotter in your mini-van! :) I loved driving in the land cruiser with you, the wind in our hair and getting checked out by all the guys wishing they had a sweet ride like that! Those were definitely good times!

Heather said...

Just e-mailed you some pics, one of them being an old one of us in the Landcruiser!! Oh yeah!

kori said...

I remember that cruiser. Those were some good times.

Lindz said...

Nat,

It's just not right. The things we do for the kids and for what so they can tell us they hate us when they are teenagers? I have been reduced to a 97 corolla that has faded paint, the exhaust rattles as you drive it, and the air conditioner doesn't work. I had another land cruiser for a while but sold it to get a minivan for the FAM. The teenage me would be disgusted with what I have become.(at least when it comes to cars)