Apr 1, 2009

Meet Jayci!


This is JAYCI... our dangerous, wild, never to be underestimated two year old. Monday night she and her older siblings were jumping off the couch and into the couch cushions piled up on the floor. This is a usual pastime for them and they have a lot of fun doing it. Well, Jayci must have landed wrong because she started crying after jumping into the pile. She normally shakes it off quickly but this time she tried to get down off my lap and walk but soon found that putting any pressure on her left foot was not a good idea. After seeing that, Joey and I knew something more serious was wrong. (let's face it, after two leg breaks thus far we see the red flags)
So I take Jayci into urgent care just before it closes. The Doctors have a bit of conflicting news. Jayci is acting like a total dream child... I'm lovin' that!... but she is not showing any signs of pain. she still will not put her foot down to walk on it but she seems to be doing just fine otherwise. The X-rays are not showing anything major but the radiologist can see something the P.A. and Dr. cannot. So they splint her and send us home where she gets lots of attention for her bro and sisters.




Today I took her to the orthopedic surgeon and even though the fracture is minor he decided to put a walking cast on. She did great again today. I guess a major thing has to happen to this child to get her to behave... HA I am only kidding but I was really amazed at how well she sat while the nurse put the cast on. Here is what she is sporting now...




The nurse said she would be up and walking in a couple of days... she obviously does not know Jayci. Jayci is all over the place already... she even climbed to the top bunk tonight and slid down the side.

6 comments:

melanie said...

CRAZY! I almost feel like Lily should do something to follow suit. But maybe having Jayci do this just makes it 50/50 in the family...unless you or Joey have also broken your leg??!?!?

Sarah said...

that must be a record! 3 out of 4 kids with a leg break! that's amazing!! ;P

Heather said...

Lily has escaped the broken leg curse somehow huh? Jayci is a tough cookie! I love how she was so good at the hospital!! The pink cast is super cute too!

Christina said...

So sorry to hear about Jayci. How are you guys doing? We miss your spunky self down here! Take care!

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

What a good sport!

Cindy said...

I cannot believe how big she is! I love that your girls are so feisty. wonder where they get THAT?