May 1, 2009

I read about a caller on Dr. Laura who had four kids six and under. Of course I was intrigued! She talked about being burnt out but feeling guilty for doing things for herself. Even though I know it is good for me to go out with the girls, it is rare that I take the opportunity to do that. I liked what Dr. Laura had to say about it... You can read about it
here

So I am making more of an effort to make time for myself.... First I am getting rid of the TV. I watch way to much of it most nights when I could be using my time to do the things I love...like sewing, checking out new recipes, making hair bows, reading, organizing. I am going to plan and initiate more girls nights too! My Friend Heather is often getting together with friend and they have such a fun time. I know that would be a huge stress relief for me. Just to talk with adults and not be interrupted every five minutes.
I am going to find fun new things to do with the kids. We have been outside more now since the weather has been good so maybe more bike riding, hide and seek, teach them all about cowboys and Indians and kick the can, mud pies, side walk chalk, bubbles, and clay projects.
Just blogging about it makes me excited to get started!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Good points. Your hair! I love it! How are things going with Joey's training? Do you know yet where you are going to move?

Lauri said...

I agree 100%. Being a mom is intense work and if you don't take time for yourself, you have nothing in you to take care of anyone else.

But somehow, years down the road, you look back at the years of little ones around you as the best years of motherhood.

melanie said...

SIGN ME UP! How about Thursday?

Heather said...

:) I love it Natalie, you do DESERVE it!!! I will never give up my fun girls nights, it definitely helps me appreciate my life, my husband and baby so much more!!! I highly recommend to everyone!! I wouldn't necessarilary(wow that is spelled wrong and I don't know how to fix it! LOL) give up tv though, I luckily fit that in while nursing still! LOL!!

Rojahn Family said...

I never felt like I needed girlfriend time on a regular basis...until now. And so I completely get it, Natalie!!! And not just like playgroups for me anymore. That used to do it for me...I need like girls...women, moms, not a kiddo in sight.

I've been even craving like some kind of spa treatment lately and I've NEVER ever even thought of doing something like that...for ME...

I also love the idea to do more of what you love to do. And the outdoor activities with the kids that can be in fresh air, but entertaining and fun! Good post...