May 20, 2009

UTAH? CALI? TEXAS?

Camera charger is still at large... sorry Grandparents, no pics.

So where are we going? Still not sure. California? Utah? Colorado? Texas? Or staying here? I have my top choice but I'm not telling because some of you would stop talking to me. I have decided that it doesn't really matter much where I want to go. Heavenly Father has always had an intricate part in placing me where I should be. When I was 18 I really wanted to get out of California and see the world. I did not get accepted to Ricks so I stayed home and went to a junior college in Riverside. At 19 I decided I should move to Washington for a new adventure. The day before I was going to make arrangements, I was offered a darn good job at the hospital outpatient department as a physical therapy aide. So again I stayed in California. After Joey and I got married we were both itching to get out of state to find somewhere cheaper than Orange County to live. We got our chance in Arizona but we only lasted about 8 months before a better job opportunity took us to San Diego. We love Southern California but two years later found ourselves wanting to get out again. We were planning on just up and moving to Texas. We were a week or two away from just going when we were offered a job in Washington and here we are... debating on where to go next. With each move I feel that the Lord was very well aware of our needs and placed us where he needed us. I used to get all excited about where I wanted to go... Now my approach is to do my best to look at all the options but be open minded and let the Lord lead the way. His will is stronger than mine and so I know I have to work at making things happen for myself but ultimately he will be able to lead us in the direction we need to go.
So to my friends who are routing for us to come to them...PRAY HARD... and we shall see who is the most righteous! HA HA I wish I could bundle you all up and move you to me! Hopefully that is what it is like in Heaven.

10 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

praying for Lake Elsinore...is that an option?

everyday katie said...

I know our trials are different, but I can totally sympathize. We're heading back to Ohio next week after only 16 months in Texas. Texas has been trial after trial for us. I truly felt the Lord leading us here. And now He's leading us back? Why couldn't we have just stayed and saved ourselves the trouble? RRRRR. In my head I think it'd be easier if I could just make the decisions, but it's probably not true. We've done some major growing here.

Good Luck...who ever gets the Scrivens will be all the better for it.

Anonymous said...

Having lived in several different states for different reasons, this is what I have to say - I have loved and hated each place I've lived. Every where has their good things and their bad things. In Oklahoma, I love that there's no traffic, but I hate those darn Tornado sirens.

Where ever you end up, it will be good because you'll make it good for your family :)

melanie said...

My family is in California, my good friend is in Texas and one of my best friends in Utah so wherever you go, we'll very likely visit you.

Or just stay. And we'll keep up what we do now!

Scott said...

Come back to San Diego... you know you want to. Homes are cheap now... okay cheaper. But none the less we want you back!

Sarah said...

is germany in the picture?? i will pray sooooo hard!!!!

Cherie said...

You could just follow us wherever we go! We're in Texas now... so here's good! Although, we're looking to retire in WA, so you could just stay put too! It'd be great to see you guys sometime!

Heather said...

:) I miss you so much and you know what I'm praying for... the best thing for you guys! Even though I really want you here! It's hard for me to do that, but I know it must be even harder for you! Your choice would be Lake Elsinore though right?! LOL!

Rojahn Family said...

ooooo, I can't wait to find out where you end up!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! What fun!!!

Lindz said...

Utah: been there, done that....boring

Texas: was there a month ago...weather sucks

Cali: no matter where you go....you always want to visit cali so why not just live here....it's almost affordable now anyway.

Jeremiah