May 16, 2009

Darn camera batteries!!!

So I had back to back events where I needed my camera... The first event my camera's battery quit after about three or four shots. Then I tried to charge it for the next day and I can't find the charger. ARGGGH! Someone please invent a battery than never dies.

So I teach the 10, 11, 12 year old girls in primary. LOVE, LOVE this calling. It is a little draining doing the lesson each week but it works out okay. I have eight girls in my class and last night we had a spa party at my place. Food, swimming, pedicures, manicures, and facials. It was such a good time. My good friend Melanie came to help and we had a few good chuckles over some of the things the girls said... like UHHH I HAVE FAT THIGHS (the skinniest girl said that). It was fun to listen in on their conversations and just see them in a more relaxed atmosphere. The girls really enjoyed the facials... even my girls and Ethan got involved. Yep the girls in my class convinced Ethan that getting a facial is manly! Too cute. I was able to take videos! I'll upload later.

Today we went to the zoo... no camera but I had the FLIP... that is until the batteries died which was before I even got one video. Yep! But we had a great time and it was nice to not be the photographer today. I just enjoyed watching the kids watch the animals. My favorite part... ummm... watching the zebra take a very long leak!

Off to charge my rechargeables!

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

If I had to be a primary teacher, I'd pick that group, too. You're good to have them over at your house.

I never enjoyed the zoo until I had kids. It's so magical for them. I bet it would be nice to enjoy it with the rather than stand behind the camera. I should try that sometime.

melanie said...

SO FUN! I'm glad we joined you for a bit!

Mikkyn said...

Shnats! I just wanted you to know that I miss you sooooo bad. I need a good friend to talk to. Even though I don't leave comments too often or call even less you are still my best friend. :) Please move to Texas the job market is hot out here!

Heather said...

Great talking to you today!! I miss you so much!!! I bet you are an awesome teacher to those girls! It always amazes me how soon little girls learn to not like their bodies, so sad! Learned from a special someone in their life.. mommy! I vow to never talk bad about my body to my future daughter! :) Easier said then done I know! By the way I forgot to tell how awesome Ethan's birthday cake was!! I love it!!