Last week was crazy busy! Teacher appreciation week, Ethan's B-day, and Mother's day were a few of the big events. We also had an unexpected twist with Joey's job. So here is one HUGE post to sum up last week.
Ethan and Emma made cards and banana bread for their teachers. I took a salad for the luncheon. A BIG THANKS to all the teachers out there who really go out of their way to make kids feel special and loved. I don't envy your job but I do appreciate all the hard work and time I know it takes.
HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY ETHAN!


Ethan loves transformers! That is a BULKHEAD cake (his new fav). He invited his best friend Jeremy over to celebrate. He also was very excited to get some money from both sets of grandparents. It was a fun time!
Ethan got a dollar from the toothfairy! Emma kicked out his loose tooth. They were wrestling and she kicked him right in the mouth. The tooth went flying and they came screaming.
Happy Mother's Day!
I am not a huge fan of all these Hallmark Holidays however to fit in with main stream I guess I must comply. The best part about Mother's Day is having my four darlings make surprises for me that I, and they, think are so special. They love to keep them a secret until the very last moment. Emma and Ethan both made me a card at school. Then they made me I love MOM books. For preschool I helped the kids make shadow profiles. We put them in frames that we painted with their thumb prints in pastel colors. Jayci made me a cute little tote bag in her nursery class.
A shout out to my MOM and MOM-in-lAw! I love you both and hope you feel that I show it all through out the year and not just on this one specific day. To me, Mother's day is EVERY day! Thanks for all you do and your great examples of Motherhood and Womenhood!
At the beginning of last week we were anxiously awaiting to hear where Joey was going to be placed. He has passed his test for his liscense, finished his AIT program and is ready to get his own building. Tuesday we got a call from his boss.... THIS IS WHER WE ARE GOING.................
Wherever the HECK we want! That's right! His boss said sorry Dude, I ain't got no buildings for you.
So after all his hard work, long hours, and dedication they are telling him they will not be placing him in a building. He has to now go and find a new company to hire on with.
Yes we were pretty upset! But in some ways this has been a blessing. Joey has his license which they paid for. He has some great experience under his belt and now we can decide where we would like to go. It is scary thinking that we might not get hired on right away but we both feel that the Lord will open a door and help us to know His will for us. We are trying to remain faithful and patient.
So this past week has been a crazy one for us... I am glad it is over and the sun is shining today.
May 12, 2009
A week to Remember!
Posted by Natalie at 7:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You should definitely move back to Cali then!! :) To be more exact Lake Elsinore!! There are a lot of houses to pick from, really cheap! That would be SO AWESOME if you guys did! I miss you! Kinda of a bummer, but I think it's part of better plan for you guys in the end! We'll keep you in our prayers to hopefully get that figured ourt sooner than later! love you!
I have great fears of that happening when Spencer finishes school. That has to be rough. Way past rough. good luck.
We will keep you in our prayers. I like the way you see things in a positive light! Where is your 1st choice? Cali?
You are so good at making cakes for your kids! I love that Emma kicked Ethan's tooth right out of his mouth :) Good luck with finding a new job for Joey.
Oh gosh, Natalie. Way to keep your chin up. We've got you in our prayers and I just know you guys are going to be awesomely terrific and blessed to the hilt. These 'adventures' are only fun in hind sight. Where do you guys WANT to go? Not to put a damper on past people wanting you to go to Cali, but uh...have you seen what they're doing with the taxes here? It's not pretty...or worth it.
Love you guys! Can't wait to see what happens! Keep us posted!
You've got lots of people pulling for you guys!
Good luck guys. I hope things work out the way you want them to. remember Utah is beautiful.
Post a Comment