Jun 30, 2009

Joey's Birthday and Father's day!

I wish I could say that I am a wonderful wife and that I made Father's day and Joey's Birthday extra special... but nope...

Father's Day was overshadowed by our move the day before, but the kids did make Joey special cards and we sang songs and gave him a coupon for a day of golf with a friend. Joey is everything I am not for our kids! He is a great teacher and never thinks they are too young for learning a new skill. He even gets Lily and Emma out there to mow the lawn with him. Even after a long day at work he makes time to play a family favorite game of chase. He tells great stories and let's the kids choose the ending of their own story. He keeps us laughing with his relentless teasing!

We called our Dad's to wish them a happy day too! I truly am so grateful for the men in my life. My Pops has always been the one I have tried to impress the most. I have tried hard to make him proud of me and have tried to follow his example and stand up for what is right. I now understand just how hard he worked for us kids while we were young and how much he cares for us. Thanks Dad for everything you have taught me and still teach me.

Joey's dad is the best Father-in-law I could ever hope for. He is kind and considerate and when he makes his opinion known I listen carefully. He is wise and inspired and I am so grateful that he has raised such a fine man for me to marry.

So a big Huge Happy Father's Day... which to me is every day!

Joey's birthday was celebrated at IHOP where some nice young ladies helped our waitress sing Happy birthday. The kids just loved that and thought it was great that they were part of trying to embarrass Daddy. Joey got a go-and-buy-whatever-you-want at REI's garage sale coupon... which he is very excited to use soon.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Happy Father's Day and Birthday Joey!! Also congrats on the new job!

Sarah said...

you bad wife... j/k ,you know i love you! happy b-day joey!