The morning we left Emma had a breakdown becasue she realized Daddy was not coming with us. It was really sad so we took a picture.
The kids and I packed into the van and headed to SEATAC where we were picking up Grandpa Bunn. Lucky guy got to enjoy the 22 hour (in the car) trip to California with us. The drive down really wasn't too bad. Lily had a moment of pure insanity! The road between Sacremento and Lost Hills is baren and desolate. Nothing to see, no where to stop. Lily just wanted out of the car. Luckily we pulled off before she drove the rest of us mad and got some food in her. Lily and Emma entertained us with their singing talent. They love Carrie Underwoods song... young and beautiful, baby in the back seat (Jesus take the wheel), and Guess it's gonnna have to hurt. Grandpa Bunn got a kick out of their yelling... uhhh singing! This is how the kids were arranged for the trip! 
Aunt Peggy gave the kids each a dollar before we left for the trip. This was so exciting for them. I finally found a good time and place for them to spend it. This is what they got...
Thanks Aunt Peggy!
Hightlights from our three week stay.....
*Lily picked the biggest lemon of the year off G and G Bunn's lemon tree. We enjoyed fresh lemonade. YUMMY!


*We got to join G and G Scrivens for some beach camping at Newport Dunes. The kids enjoyed riding bikes, getting treats, watching movies, playing in the sand and just spending time with their grandparents. 


*We had a BBQ with all the grandparents and then watched Chicken Little on the beach. It was such a great time. Grandma Scrivens put together some tasty treats and the kids really loved decorating their own bags to keep their treats in.





*We celebrated Birthdays! Garion (10), Matthew(7), Rhiannon(6), and Emma(6). The kids got a little crazy with those huge cupcakes. It was pretty funny and messy. The kids always have a great time with their cousins.



*The kids went swimming a couple of times at my friend Heather's awesome community pool. I didn't get any pics but it is worth mentioning. It was so fun to see old friends and chat with the moms while our kids hung out in the spray area and one foot deep kiddy pool.
*I also didn't get any pictures of our friends the Strayers. We got to spend the whole day with them swimming and playing at the park. The kids all had so much fun seeing eachother again. I was too busy cathing up with Amy to think about bringing out the camera. We also had them over to visit us in Corona and the kids got to play out front in the mini pool and slip-n-slide.
*The small pool and slip-n-slide from last summer got a lot of use this visit. We had friends, more friends, and cousins come and play with us. My long time friend Jill and her darling kids came over to visit one day. It was so great to chat like old times and see how much the kids have grown.



*My friend Brooke from high school happened to be at Disney Land visitng the same time I was in town so James family(friend from HS), Heather and Mitch and Me, Lily and Jayci all met them at Down Town Dinsey's Rainforest Cafe for dinner one night. It was so good to see them again and see their cute families.



*We got to visit some great friends of ours in San Diego, The Krage family. Karissa was our babysitter while we lived their and the kids and I just love her. The have this amazing backyard with a beautiful pool, BBQ, trampoline, swing, fruit trees... It is an OASIS! Well the kids remember this pool and it's famous rock wall. Emma jumped off of this 12 foot drop when she was two and now Ethan has decided it is his turn. The video I took is classic (i'll try and post it soon). So here is Ethan ready to jump off... will he do it?
SURE!!!! WHY NOT!?!?!?!?!
Emma is up next... and she follows suit!
Lily how about you????
No thanks! I'll take the stairs.
Ethan jumped off that wall 72 times that day. Emma just about as many times although she frequently reminded everyone that the time when she was two still counts! HA! It was so fun to spend a couple days with this great family. I even got too see my other dear friend Cindy and Peta. I really miss my SD friends! Come to Seattle to visit me soon!
More pics of our visit...



The drive home was not so much fun but the kids did great. I think Grandpa Bunn and I were just worn out so the long drive and lots of sitting got old fast. Dad you are a trooper and I really owe you big time now for making this trip possible. You were so good at distracting the kids and keeping the snacks coming. It was good to have such nice long talks with you. Your the Best!
Aug 7, 2009
Three week vacation in Beautiful, HOT California.
Posted by Natalie at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh my! That trip was jammed pack. How fun to see so many old friends. It's sometimes rotten that my mom left Corona...I never get out to So Cal anymore.
You're a brave soul to drive for 22 hours. Sounds like a lot of fun once you got there.
What a fun trip! I should have talked Dad to coming out and getting me and kids and taking another 2 day trip :)
What a great summer trip. Looks like you guys had a great trip.
Heard you were here as well. Sounds like a fun trip!
Oh so sad for Emma! And I would love having a lemon tree, the slip 'n slide looks so so so very fun.
What amazingly fun times, Natalie! That's one of those trips that the kiddos will never forget and have nostalgia for when their older, you know? You're awesome and you look great, by the way!
Love it! I'm so glad you came down and cannot wait to come see you soon!
Post a Comment