Friday night Joey took Ethan on a hike. Our friend Bo went with them and Melanie came over here to have a girls in-door camp out. The guys did a 2 mile hike in the rain, set up camp in the rain, and stayed all night. Ethan was a real trooper. Part way there Joey and Bo where thinking maybe the hike would have to be postponed due to the weather. Neither one of them wanted to be the one to call it though! Ethan suggested they say a prayer. So they did and Ethan prayed that they would make it to their camp safely. So on they trudged in the pouring rain. They camped about a hundred or so yards after that. They all said they had a good time and that it was a great place to hike but next time maybe when the weather is nice.
The girls really wanted to camp out in the back yard but I knew it would be too cold and they would not want to stay out there. Instead we opted to set up our Huge tent in the bonus room. The girls loved it! Melanie came over with her son Ronan. (we let him join the Girls since he is just a baby) We ate pizza and roasted marshmallows. The girls slept in their tent all night and woke up saying it was the best nights sleep ever!
(no pics since the cameras batteries were dead)
Oct 26, 2009
Guy time.... Girl time!
Posted by Natalie at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yay for girls nights. I think we should do that more often. Next time though I will bring lots of caffeine for me to stay awake longer. And we hadn't even dipped into the caramel either. Next time!
Hmmmmm, I think I'll be on the girl's team. I like THAT kind of camping.
Fun! Ethan is a trooper and having the girls camp inside was a good idea! Love it!
You guys do the funnest things! Way to celebrate family, and friendship. I love the holiday season for those reasons.
Post a Comment