
I am so very thankful for the calm after the storm. When I am desperate for a trial to end or for an answer to come, I often recall the words written in Malachi... "saith the Lord of Hosts... and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Mal 3:10)
I am reminded to continue living the gospel and keep my covenants no matter how hard things get or how much I want to give in to temptation. When the trial is over and the storm clouds depart, the Heavens open and the promise is true. The blessings that have filled my life I do not deserve. I can not say enough how grateful I am for those calm times and the reprieve before the next storm comes.
Some things that we are asked to face do not come and then are answered and go away. Some things are with us forever and we are asked to deal with them daily.
Two years ago in September my sweet brother-in-law Jaron died in a car accident at the age of 18. Sudden, unexpected, and tragic. The day it happened is forever etched in my memory and I think of that day often and cry for the loss of my dear little brother. The day of his funeral I remember thinking that this was to much to bare. To much for me. To much for my husband. To much for my wonderful mother and father in-law. As the days, then weeks, then months, and now years have stretched on I have realized that the calm after this storm will only happen when we are reunited with this young man again. That is where the blessing lies... we CAN see him again and if we choose to live our lives according to our Heavenly Fathers will, we WILL see him, and all our loved ones again. This blessing and the meaning it has for all of us fills my heart with joy and gratitude... and so I am deeply thankful for the calm after the storm!
Jaron Lee Scrivens
Nov 25, 2009
Day Of Gratitude! Day 10
Posted by Natalie at 6:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My mom gave us the dinosaur bedding for Hyrum. It was from potterybarn. I have seen it on ebay. Congratulations on having #5!
If you would like, email me at scwillis718@hotmail.com so I can add you to my blog permission. Thanks!
Thanks for sharing this post!
Post a Comment