This post is for yesterday!!!!
I am thankful for my parents, Craig and Cindy. I am grateful that they raised me in the gospel and taught me to choose the right for myself. I'm grateful that they let me make mistakes and learn from them. They held me accountable and let me know when I had disappointed them. They let me know when they are proud of me. I am grateful for their generosity and their ever willingness to give of what they have to those in need. I am proud of them for being a strong couple and showing me a fantastic example of love, honesty, integrity, and selflessness. I have always admired them for not fighting in front of us kids. I know how hard that can be but I have only one memory of my parents fighting and it is more funny now than anything. I hope to give that to my kids because I know how good it made me feel to know that my parents were working together and always on the same team.
My mom is so very talented. Growing up she made me the best outfits like my bubble skirt and pink jean jacket. She always had us girls looking so nice for Easter and Christmas with our hats, gloves, and matching dresses. She has made all of my babies adorable blankets that they still love. All growing up she came up with the coolest homemade gifts to give to our teachers. She served in the PTA and I loved that she would be their some days at lunch time and buy me pencils or juice. We used to work together at the hospital and meet up for lunch. It was so fun knowing the same people and same industry so we could vent to each other. She is such a great example of what a hard and dedicated worker is. She puts up with a lot of junk and does it all with a smile... in front of people anyway! She is a loving, caring, generous woman and I love her!
My dad on the other hand.... HA! My dad is where I got my sense of humor. He is known for his Irish jokes on ST. Patty's day and his blond jokes the rest of the year. He used to make me tell this one blond joke (me being Blond)all the time. My dad has worked hard for us his whole life. He has done the awful L.A. commute for over 25 years. That is a lot of time in the car. He did it so he could provide a good life for us kids and I am grateful for his sacrifice. My dad is handy and good with a paint brush. Growing up he taught me the satisfaction of a job well done. Like the time we roofed the house, painted the living room, tore out the deck (I still have a scar form that one). I enjoy working side by side with my dad and hope to have more opportunity's to do this... maybe on my house this time! My Dad did a wonderful thing for me this summer. He flew to Washington and then drove with me and the kids to California just to turn around and do it again three weeks later. That was the best gift he has ever given me. Our car ride was fun on the way down and he was so patient and caring with the kids. He came up with some entertaining games and did a fair share of the driving. We had some great talks and I will always cherish the time I was able to spend with him. I am so thankful for my Dad and the man he is, the priesthood that he honors, and the sacrifices he makes on my behalf.
Thank You Mom and Dad for being such wonderful examples to me!
Nov 25, 2009
Day of Graitute! Day 9
Posted by Natalie at 8:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment