Nov 17, 2009

Day of Gratitude! Day 2

I am right where I imagined I would be at this age. Married in the Temple to a devoted husband, an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,a mom of lots of kids close in age, and most importantly RICH but not famous! Okay so I am not rich YET! but I can pretend.
I am grateful for where my life is and for my family who helps me stay on the right path. I am grateful for a husband who is supportive and comforting. Joey helps me see the bigger, less emotional picture and keeps me grounded. He puts up with my craziness and is super forgiving. He still makes me feel like his twenty year old girlfriend and I love the attention.


I am so thankful for my darling children whom I adore and appreciate every day. Ethan and I, from our first face to face, have had a deep connection. He has grown into such a wonderful boy and can at times be more spiritual and perceptive than I thought possible for a seven year old. He loves to have mom and Ethan talks and will answer all my probing mommy questions. He is comfortable telling me how he feels and opening up to me when we chat. I love this boy and am so proud of his choices.

My sweet Emma melts my heart. As a baby she reminded me of my favorite childhood doll. She was quiet and sweet and perfect. Emma has a kind heart and loves to make people feel good. I appreciate all the help she is to me around the house and with Jayci. She is like a little mother and Jayci often calls her that. Emma makes me feel loved. I am grateful that I get to raise her and know her.

I am grateful for Lily's sense of humor and love for making people laugh. She uses phrases in the most humorous way that really brighten my routine days. She loves to be with me ALL the time and I have been enjoying this a lot lately. She will help me sweep, clean toilets, do dishes, cook, fold laundry and any other household thing I ask of her. All the while she says goofy remarks and we laugh. I am grateful for this humor and the chance to laugh often with such a beautiful girl.

And of course I am grateful for my cuddly little girl Jacyi. Jayci is always up for giving me love and it is wonderful. She cuddles me often and if I am ever sad she will sit with me for as long as it takes to cheer me up. She is funny and clever and busy. She is still my BABY even though she is almost three. She is becoming quite forceful in her opinion and it makes me laugh hard because it comes out of this sweet smiley face. She is always smiling and I just love it!

Life is not always laughs and smiles but remembering all the good things I have makes me feel so appreciative and grateful for such wonderful blessings.

Oh and I am grateful for the Baby we have nicknamed REX who is growing in my tummy. I am so happy for another little boy in the house and for the chance to meet one more of Heavenly Father's precious little children who will come and complete our family. Rex, we can't wait to meet you!!!!

1 comments:

melanie said...

I'm just getting caught up on the gratitude journal. I love this idea. I can't believe how much Jayci has grown up lately. In nursery on Sunday when Bo was in there, she asked him "Where's Melanie?" How cute is that?