Nov 18, 2009

Day of Gratitude! day 3




I am grateful for the United States of America. I am grateful that the courageous pilgrims wanted freedom so badly that they were willing to sacrifice so much to find it. I am grateful that Native Americans were here to help the early settlers and that they were willing to share their knowledge of the land.

It is amazing to me how easily it is forgotten the kind of freedom we enjoy each day. The freedom from oppressive government, rulers or magistrates. The freedom to enjoy the religion and lifestyle of our choice. The freedom to choose for ourselves whom we will marry. The freedom to choose our lives profession. The freedom to have as many or as few children as we please. The freedom to speak out against that which we feel is wrong or immoral or unjust. The freedom to own a gun for recreation or for protection. The freedom to vote.
I am grateful for our founding Fathers who opposed the rule of England and constituted a better way of life for the people. I am grateful for the the soldiers who fought in wars past and for those who are fighting today. I love this country and I am proud to be an American and stand against those who oppose or try to destroy the freedoms we now enjoy.

1 comments:

Lauri said...

I love this post! I have always thought of myself as very patriotic and too often I find myself only thinking of my gratitude for our country and freedoms around July 4th. Thanks for the timely reminder.

Oh, and I also loved your previous post. You and Joey are a great couple. Who says you aren't rich? Look at your 4 (almost 5) treasures.