So a few weeks back I had a great Sunday and decided to post about it. It was out of the norm and so struck me as something I should document. Well this past week sacrament meeting was the complete opposite. A complete disaster! Joey went to his meeting as usual and I bathed the kids, got them dressed and then plopped them in front of the T.V. so I could get myself ready. Everyone was fighting and I couldn't take it anymore so I needed some peace and quiet and this was a sure way to get it FAST! Nolan was being extra fussy so I was nursing while I was getting ready which is no easy task. Joey gets home in time to take us all to church together and we sit down with no time to spare. Joey heads up to the stand to help pass the sacrament since our ward is so short on young men. Things are going okay. Ethan and Emma are singing hymns, Nolan is starting to wake up in his car seat and Jayci and Lily are already starting to annoy each other. Sacrament begins. Nolan starts screaming, Jayci is trying to jam his pacifier in his mouth and Lily wants to sit on my lap. The bread has been passed now the water comes. Nolan is drinking a bottle on my lap, Jayci is talking to the people three rows back, Ethan and Emma are NOT whispering, and Lily is now throwing a major fit because she wants to sit on my lap. Finally the sacrament has been passed and my husband joins me on the pew. Ethan and Emma are now drawing in their books and whispering. Jayci has to go to the bathroom so I hand Nolan off to Dad and then Lily, who has been told numerous times that she may not leave the meeting to use the restroom, follows us out. Once back in the chapel I lead the girls to their seats, Nolan is fussing, Joey hands him off to me and I go back out to nurse him. Jayci follows. Nolan calms down but Jayci is now running down the hall with the Bishops little girl. I'm about to throw in the towel at this point and head home but I have a primary class to teach so I walk a little faster in my heels and catch up to Jayci. After a few laps around the church we head back into the meeting. Now Emma needs to go. I give her a sharp look and say hold it. Soon after Ethan is doing a dance and I know he CAN'T hold it, so off he and Joey go with Jayci tagging behind. They all come trailing back in just in time for the closing song. Phew it is over! Off to teach my class. Come to find out no one in my class showed up that day so I get to go to Sunday School and Relief Society and Nolan slept through the whole two hours. Moral of my story: hang in there and sometimes the reward is not far off.
Jun 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yep gotta love those days! LOL! I know how you feel and I only have 1, sad huh? Mitch's multiple personalities covers all those bases! ;) Glad it ended well for you!
ah the good old days. Your misery makes for my reading pleasure. Thanks.
That must be a made up story, Nat. Or maybe you just dreamed it. I don't believe those sweet angels would misbehave in the way you described.
those are those days you wonder why you even bother! i'm glad it turned out well for you though!
Yes, hang in there, and then that moment comes where you think, "Okay, that was a good reward. I'm glad I stuck it out."
Post a Comment