that my parents used to live in the same ward that I live in now? Yep crazy... 26 years ago they moved to Cali. I was only five. There are three families in my ward that remember my parents and one of them I ran into at our ward campout this weekend. The husband was the bishop way back when and had called my dad as one of his counselors. His face lit up when I told him who I was. I guess my parents made a good impression while they were here!
The ward campout was a blast. This ward has some very set traditions and everyone gets pretty excited about it. Like they make donuts at night for a ward dessert and the men make breakfast in the morning. The guys get together once the kids settle down and play a crazy car racing game and the ladies (those who can) play boggle. It is so fun! I played until about 1 a.m. and then gave up since I could no longer read or think or spell. As I left the table they said, "same time, same place next year!"
A few highlights of our campout... pizza pocket foil dinners (thanks Katie for the great idea) they were delicious. Floating down the river rapids (and yes I got in the water even though it was freezing cold). Building sand castles in the very soft sand. Meeting new friends and running into old ones. And the best part... the kids can go and play and explore in the outdoors. BTW the weather was perfect! Warm and sunny.
Aug 16, 2010
Did you know...
Posted by Natalie at 12:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's crazy that your parents lived in that same ward! How fun that there are still people around that remember them!
I love that you are loving your new ward!! BTW, Alderwood 1st will be at Cascade this weekend if you want to come for some Friday night s'mores!
How fun! The pizza pocket thing is brilliant AND fun. Our ward campout was cancelled, durn it, due to the area we rented not having some kind of issue with their pavement or something. What a fun ward you seem to have! I love the pics, too.
Post a Comment