Joey is the coolest! He wanted to take the kids on an overnight hike to Barclay Lake. So last weekend they packed up their gear and hit the trail. It is a two mile hike in. The kids each had their own pack and had to carry their water, sleeping bag, clothes, flashlight, whistle, and candy. It was so fun loading them up and watching them try out the weight of their packs. Joey is an expert packer and really made sure that I did not do the natural motherly thing and over pack them for the "just in case" moments.
Jayci, Nolan and I were not invited on this adventure and although Jayci was sad at first, she and I had a great time playing together. She was thrilled that she got to pick a netflix all by herself.
Joey said the hike went well. Lily was the leader of the pack and had a song to keep her spirits up. "A hiking we will go..." No complaints and no fighting. Emma and Lily did a great job with the wilderness bathrooms. I tried to teach them how to do it before they left. And Daddy even let them have s'mores before dinner (something mommy would never let them do... so they told me)
Dad one major points with this one!
Aug 10, 2010
A hiking we will go...
Posted by Natalie at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow! joey is brave! good for him!
Wow I'm impressed! Those little backpacks held everything? Man Joey IS good at packing.
Post a Comment