Feb 16, 2011

Funny Moments

Tonight Daddy is telling a story to the kids. His stories are his own renditions of the traditional bedtime stories... Goldilocks, Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood... He puts the kids into the story and uses their usual phrases to add emphasis. Emma says, "Boo! and that's not fair"; Jayci says, "hmmppphh" then he makes an overly obnoxious sucking thumb noise; Ethan says,"Awe come on. Seriously?"; Lily says, "Ya. I know. I'm the best."
It is hilarious how he incorporates their true characters into the story. It is all improv too.

The kids have all come up with nicknames for each other. Not sure exactly how this started but it was with Ethan's name. When they want to get a rise out of him they call him "EthieAnna". This prompted coming up with boy names for the girls. Emma is Elmer. Lily is Larry. Jacyi is Jerry. Nolan does not have one yet but I'm sure as soon as he is talking the girls will start in on him too. Tonight Lily says, "You have to wait ETHIE-ANNA!" and Ethan's reply, "I know LARRY!" It makes me laugh so hard.


Ethan's came home with a paper today that he had worked on at school. It is a simple couple of sentences that he needed to redo and make into telling sentences.
This is how he retold the simple sentences...
The twisting tornado was one mile away. I felt myself move one foot back by the roaring wind. I was so scared so I scrame like a little girl and ran. I ran into a big, fat, plumpe tree.
Good job Ethan!

0 comments: