Ethan is in fourth grade. He is beginning to claim his Independence but still gives me a hug each morning when we say good-bye. He likes his teacher and has made some friends in his class. One good buddy lives a few doors down on our street. Ethan's teacher seems great but think Ethan is a bit shy and nervous. I think before the end of the year she will realize that he just likes to get everything right and is a rule abiding student who takes his job very seriously.
Emma is in third grade. She has a male teacher this year and he seems great. So far she really likes her class and has made a few new friends. She is really into kickball now and has even been the captain a few times. She is still reading Harry Potter (I realize this is controversial but I think reading a book she enjoys and that challenges her is a good thing).
Lily is in first grade. She loves her teacher and is reading like a pro. Although she still claims she can't read. Lily is our little model/diva. She has a great sense for fashion. Lily loves a good joke.
Jayci started preschool. This choice was a long and difficult debate inside my head. On one hand I wanted to keep her home with me because I enjoy working with her. She is an easy learner and loves to do anything I come up with. On the other hand, next year she will be starting full day kindergarten. I had her all signed up to start a co-op with other mom's like I had done with Ethan, Emma, and Lily. I got here too late to start one and found that most of the mom's already had their kids enrolled in preschool. I found one I really like and that was recommended by quite a few moms. She is an LDS lady and does it in her home. She is great and after taking Jayci there to check it out Jayci could not stop talking about it. Decision made. She goes three times week for three hours each day. I have already been included in a car pool which means I only have to take and pick up once a week. Whoo hoo. Today I even had one full hour all to myself since Nolan took a nap. So I caught up on the blog! Well I started catching up in that hour and have been at it ever since.
Jayci is so happy about her new preschool. This is her before her first day...
Check out that huge smile! It was bigger when I picked her up. She absolutely loves it!
Sep 14, 2011
2011/2012 School Year
Posted by Natalie at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment