Our Trip to visit Grandpa and Grandma Scrivens was a success! I honestly was pretty concerned about traveling in the winter and was pushing to wait till spring. We were well prepared for disaster but I am happy to report that we made it there and back without incident.
Joey's brothers and their families both live in CO too (or did until recently, Bennett and Katie moved to Utah) and so we got to have the whole Scrivens bunch together for Christmas Eve. That was the first time that all the cousins have been together (and I did not even get one picture).
We had such a great time. Sledding was the highlight for sure but we also went to Red Rocks, went on a hike in the freezing cold on a snowy trail to some old house, ate pizza buffet,went shopping at the mall and spent two hours in the Lego Store and Build-a-Bear, and played a few new games Joey picked up at the game store... Lisa and I have been deemed poor losers. I took a ton of pictures with my new camera (more on that later) and all in all it was a GREAT trip. (except for the part that our brakes went out and we were without a car for a day and it cost more than rent to get it fixed... but we feel so grateful that it happened while we were safe and warm at Mike and Lisa's and not while we were in the middle of Wyoming's desolate vast high desert in the middle of winter)
Feb 16, 2012
Colorado Trip: part 1
Posted by Natalie at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment