On the way home we decided to stay a night in Salt Lake City. Our hotel was within walking distance of Temple Square. Christmas time is a perfect time to visit. The temple grounds were beautiful and the whole place was filled with people. The kids really enjoyed all the lights.
The next morning we went back to visit all the centers and it was so fun teaching the kids what the early pioneers went through to build this wonderful temple. I loved the museum and all the church history. The displays they have in the visitor's center are amazing and I really think we all learned so much. The best was their display of Book of Mormons in the many different languages. So glad we took the time to stop and I really enjoyed how it seemed to break up the trip. A car filled with five kids is not always the most pleasant experience!
Feb 16, 2012
Colorado Trip: part 2
Posted by Natalie at 4:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment