Mar 9, 2009

What have I done???

It is snowing again! March 9th and we are getting a lot of snow here. Just when I thought I could put the snow boots away and pull out my beloved flip flops again. I watched the snow come down all day today. I sent Ethan and Emma to school with their big coats, gloves and beanies because even though the snow is coming down they still go out to play at recess. CRazY!
So I bundled Lily and Jayci up and myself of course and we head to pick up the kids. Thankfully the snow has stopped by now but it is so cold outside. After waiting a little more than five minutes, our ears are freezing and Lily is just about at her breaking point. Jayci decides to jump in a huge puddle that splashes up to her knees. The kids come out and we start to head to the parking lot. Lily has now lost it and is screaming that she is freezing. Jayci decides she is cold too now, with her legs soaking wet and starts screaming. I rush the kids to the car and get the engine going pronto... this however is no consolation to my two kids who are now hysterical.
I am struggling to get everyone buckled, the huge bulging jackets not helping in the least, and then jump in myself to speed home. Lily and Jayci are still crying and screaming... Lily is screaming that she wants to go back to California, over and over and over... from her seat in the back Jayci catches on to this and says... UH COW WI FO NIA!!!

To my fellow Cali lovers... never leave ... not matter how bad the smog gets, no matter how horrible you think the 91 freeway is... and no matter how hot it gets in the summer.... it is nothing compared to being this dang cold for this darn long!!!!


okay just venting... I really like it here!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

amen sista! i hear ya!

Darcy said...

Gus very much shares your dislike for the cold weather. I have a bit of an advantage, where I grew up in it...but it IS super hard to go from perfect weather to craziness!!