
Ethan's second grade class, along with some other classes, went to the Science Center and IMAX theater in Seattle last week for a field trip. I was fortunate enough to go along. I have always loved field trips and try to go whenever I can with my kids.
This is the group I was in charge of. Great kids! First we went to see the 3D Bugs movie. It was so great. Our school had the whole theater to ourselves so we got to pick fantastic seats. Ethan's class is learning about the life of bugs and currently have caterpillars on their desks who will soon make their awesome transformation.
After the movie we went and ate our lunches and then we had some time to go and explore the Science Center. Ethan's favorite part was the Dinosaur exhibit. He loves Dinosaurs and was so excited to read about them and learn some new fun facts. This is such a great age to take them here because they can read and figure things out for themselves. Ethan spent some time learning about the universe and planets, we got to see how much we would weigh if we lived on Mars and the sun, we played checkers on a huge board, and sat at an over sized table. 




One of the coolest parts of the day was the hover craft ride! We watched a show presented by this really cool science guy who used liquid nitrogen to teach the kids about air pressure. Toward the end of the show Ethan got a turn to try the homemade hover craft. This got all the kids attention and we all had a good laugh that they were floating across the floor.

Feb 1, 2010
I love Field Trips
Posted by Natalie at 11:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've actually been to that science center. It is huge and you could spend all day there. And I agree with you, I loved going on field trips with my kids.
This looks like a ton of fun, I'm so glad you could go with Ethan! His face is so expressive you can tell he had a blast. I mean it's his dream being in a world of dinosaurs. It's impactful too, I still remember going as a kid. So fun. You're a fun mom!
Post a Comment