Apr 23, 2010

This is what we have been up to...


This is PJ. (check out that tongue) He came to stay with us for a week while his family was away. Yes! I dog sat and I actually did a really good job thanks to Emma who did all the work! Emma is such a dog lover and really did a great job with PJ. It was fun walking him to school with us every day and a little crazy too. He is a good listener but the girls forget who is walking who. I'm sure I was quite the site with four kids, a new baby strapped to my front and a dog all walking to school. Although I enjoyed having PJ stay with us, my feelings for not getting a dog for quite some time have been reconfirmed. I think I'll stick to raising kids first!




For some changing their hair style and color is an every other month occurrence... for me... well I have cut my hair to my shoulders twice and I have added some highlights. That's about it. Well, I dyed my hair... dark.




Keeping up with the highlights was impossible since the sun here does nothing to help keep me bleached blond. I'm getting used to the dark but mostly I forget it is even dyed since I don't spend my day looking in the mirror. Joey likes it and that's good enough for me!


Nolan takes a bottle!!!!!
Lily and Jayci both refused the bottle. I am so glad that Nolan takes it with formula or mamma's milk. Doesn't matter, as long as he gets it, he is happy. I love that the kids can help me feed him especially since he always wants to eat while I need to be making dinner. Ethan, Emma and Lily are huge helps with holding him. They love to and will jump at the opportunity.




We bought a house! We are excited to be in a home of our own and look forward to staying put for awhile.


Nolan is one month old. Weighs 12 pounds. He is a good baby and so sweet. He has thrush right now and that causes some crankiness but overall he is pretty mellow. He smiles, mostly at dad, and coos. The kids think it is funny when he toots or has a blowout while sitting on their laps. I can't believe it has been a month already. I love to cuddle him and carry him in the sling. He sleeps for three hours, eats, does his business, and then starts the routine all over again. Pretty predictable!





I sure hope these two are wearing white shirts and heading for missions one day!

11 comments:

everyday katie said...

I'm so happy you bought a house! You guys need it. Plus it's really cute. Congrats!

jeanine said...

Your house looks super cute! Yea!

And your kiddos are super cute... as always :)

melanie said...

Love the update! I'm still jealous about your house and very thankful you watched PJ for us. Looking at that picture makes me realize I have to do a better job getting meat on his bones. His diet restrictions keep him too skinny! Nolan seems perfect. I want to babysit, please go out on a date soon!

Heather said...

Love the hair, the house and that adorable baby Nolan!!! A lot has been going on!! ;) You look great and the house is awesome, you still need to send me the floor plan and info on when you get a chance(you know in all that down time you have!LOL!)! Glad things are going well and so excited for you!!

Sarah said...

i love the hair! it looks good!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Hair, kids and house...all Look GREAT!!!!!

kori said...

I got tired just reading your post :) How do you manage. Congrats on the house.

Mikkyn said...

WOW! I am so excited for you guys! The house is so beautiful! I love your hair color and Nolan and the kids are adorable!

Brooke said...

I love the house. I hope you are enjoying it. Man! You've had a lot going on lately. Little Nolan is adorable and getting big.

Steff said...

Your kids are so cute! Congrats on buying a home!!!

Lauri said...

Congrats on your new little bundle of joy. I have been catching up on your blog for a few minutes. A lot of changes for you..new baby, new house, and new hair. It's all good!